Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Style Icon: Young Bette Davis


Bette Davis seems to best known for roles she played later in life in movies like "All About Eve" and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?," but I want to point out that young Bette Davis also had a lot going for her. I mean, just look at those Bette Davis eyes!


Bette Davis was very glamorous and elegant, and she sure could pull of a slinky 1930s dress! She's also somehow obviously intelligent. In these photos, she's blonde, but she's definitely a smart-blonde as opposed to the dumb-blonde stereotype.


The '30s were a great time for fashion, Bette rocked out those '30s looks like it was nobody's business! I especially love her hair. Women back then, they had some serious hair. I realize it's possible to have hair like that today and lots of vintage-loving girls do, but I'm too lazy for it. Seriously, I barely take a blow dryer to my mane. But I can still appreciate a finely coiffed 'do! And it goes so perfectly with her elegant dress, knowing manner and Bette-Davis eyes!

2 comments:

Melancholy and Menace said...

Oh yes! A true icon ♥

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Gorgeous! She's a star even in photographs :)