Sunday, April 26, 2015

Style Icon: Sofia Coppola in MilkFed


 Before she was queen of ethereal cinema, Sofia Coppola was queen of the baby tee.


She had her own clothing line called MilkFed that was full of cute, tongue-in-cheek shirts. The baby tee. It was kind of a big deal back in 1994. 


While shirts featuring Che Guevara, Steve McQueen and the catch phrase "I Love Booze" have their place, I'm happy she turned her attention to film making. She has such a a specific, authentic eye and I love how dreamy and quiet her movies are. But I also love that once upon a time, she was a MilkFed 20-something entrepreneur in a baby tee.

3 comments:

Emmylou said...

Talk about throwback! So remember MilkFed:)

Becky said...

I still really love a baby tee lolzzz

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

Ah the baby tee! I'm so grateful shirts started getting longer right as my bosoms started growing out of control! A baby tee on me now would look like a sports bra!