Thursday, April 16, 2015

Stress and splatter

I've been thinking about stress lately. As in: I would like to decrease the stress in my life. How much of it is really unavoidable? Is any of it necessary? Let's take it down a notch!


I seem to have developed a reputation for being calm and laid back, and I don't think it's unwarranted. I am a lot calmer and more laid back than a lot of people, but you know what? In general, people are crazy stressed out. ESPECIALLY teachers. Being a teacher? Not so easy. For real.


So, yes, I am not crazy stressed out, but I do have my fair share of stress, and I have a new goal: Be a little more chill. I don't think it serves my students, my baby, my husband or myself to be stressed out. (And the guilt! The mama guilt! The teacher guilt! The wife guilt! I need to let it go!) I feel like there's a part of me that takes pride in being super busy and therefore super stressed, but I think that part of me is super dumb.


So here I am hanging out by a river with my dog trying my best to be chill and not super dumb. Also: how much do you love my splatter T-shirt? I love it so much. Chill chicks wear splatter T-shirts. They walk their dogs. They look at rivers. Yeah. That's what chill chicks do.

4 comments:

Becky said...

You r so chilllll! Teachers are the best---I'm in awe of you! You have no idea how much us parents appreciate you <3

Midnight Cowgirl said...

What an awesome tee, and a little time in nature is a great way to chill :)

Melanie said...

The best T-shirt ever!!
The word stress wasn't used very often a few decades ago, was it? Is this a new phenomena or did we used to just call it tension? I wonder about these things. But your idea to be more chill is a good one for my own life as well.

Lisa said...

We had a day out, just the two of us, last week and my stress levels plummeted. It felt good. Good luck with turning down your level too, this seems like a good start.
Lisa x