Thursday, April 2, 2015

Joy, Fun, Binge Watching


Here's a picture of our little family out hiking a couple weekends ago. That sure was a great time! I love Thomas's mildly judgmental expression in this picture. I am interpreting it as "Really, guys? A selfie? For real?" For real.


(Pictured above: A slightly more accepting-of-the-selfie Thomas face).

So a little while ago, I was having lunch with a friend who was talking about a book she read about parenting called "All Joy and No Fun." Ever since I heard about it, I keep noting all the fun I have as a parent. Parenting is a lot of work, but it's also a lot of legitimate fun. There are so many new adventures to have with your little one! Super-fun adventures!


(Pictured above: Super-fun adventure made possible by our most excellent hiking backpack.)

I decided that a book about parenting should actually be called "All Joy, Lots of Fun, but Sadly No Binge Watching of Television Programming" because that last part is the thing I've really given up since becoming a mom. I found a loop hole though! Thomas was sick this weekend, and I totally watched the entire seventh season of Mad Men while snuggling the sleeping, little nugget. So: All joy, lots of fun, occasional binge watching of television programming if your child is under the weather. (Thomas is doing much better now. Oh the anxiety that accompanies having a sick child! At lease there was a Mad Men silver lining.)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad Thomas is feeling better! Parenting is a mixed bag for sure! Like you said, lots of fun, joy, and worrrrrk! Super cute family selfie!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

The selfies are adorable, and glad Thomas is feeling better!