Monday, February 9, 2015

Art


I love art. Love it, love it, love it. I love it all. So when I heard that Charlotte got a new piece of public art, I was like "We must see it!" And then we did, like, a year and a half later. Hey man, I've been pregnant and then a mamma to a newborn and then a mamma to a baby! It's not so easy to get out these days! Anyway, we saw Buddy Bear there, and he's pretty cute. I cozied up to him like the buddies we are. (What's the deal with the Marie Antoinette on his belly? I don't know. Maybe I will look it up and let you know some time. Or just come up with your own interpretation. It's art!)


Not so cute -- this bunny/bird situation. But still awesome. That was at the McColl Center for Visual Art, which is free and open to the public and one of my favorite places.


It also had a pretty butterfly wall. So much pretty! And I wore my pretty polka-dot dress and Bigfoot necklace. Gotta look good when you're checking out art! (Not really. You don't really have to look good to look at art. But if one owns a Bigfoot necklace, one should wear said Bigfoot necklace as much as possible. It's a service to humanity.)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

That bunny bird is odd, quite unsettling but fascinating nevertheless. Love the bigfoot necklace, I'm an avid watcher of Finding Bigfoot :)

Becky said...

I love art!!! The pic of you in front of the butterflies is so pretty!

Melanie said...

I agree, wearing a Bigfoot necklace IS a service to humanity. Hahaha. I'm glad you had an arty outing. It can just lift the soul. I have to say my favourite of these pieces are all those butterflies and birds on a wall. With you and your Bigfoot of course.

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

That bear... I want it in my living room.