Friday, December 5, 2014

Unapproved action

So... motherhood is interesting and not what I expected, and I think the best thing I can do for my baby/myself is just roll with it, live in the present and accept life as it is. For example: Once upon a time, I thought I wouldn't let Thomas have sugar until his first birthday, maybe his second.  


But then his great-grandmother gave him a bite of banana pudding (without permission, people!), and so his second food was banana pudding (first food: peas). Not what I had planned.


And while it was not planned, I found it to be hilarious. We are back on a baby-appropriate diet now. He's tried peas and rice cereal mixed with formula. It's a terribly exciting time. (Also terribly exciting: my bobbed haircut. I don't know why I didn't cut my hair sooner for serious. I may never grow it out ever again.)


So, yes, out of the very few foods Thomas has tried, banana pudding was his favorite. Look at that little grin! (No sugar again until his first birthday! Or maybe his second! Allegedly! So I claim!)

5 comments:

Emmylou said...

Aaaaaw..it looked like he really enjoyed it:)
PS Love the hair.

Becky said...

Cute hair!
My dad used to give my girls sips of his diet coke for crying lout loud!
It's so hard to keep 'em on a perfectly healthy diet lolzzzz

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Your hair is cute, and he looks so happy!

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

My mom does stuff like that without my permission. She once argued with me in a restaurant about giving my son crackers. I said no - she said yes. We were going back and forth and the poor waitress had no idea what to do until I told her, I'm his mother and I said no crackers. My mom came back with, "I'm YOUR mother and I said he can have crackers." WTF?!?!? Oh, by the way. I've created a new family focused blog: http://moderncolorstwo.blogspot.com/ I'd appreciate it much if you would check it out. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Love that happy face!
Lisa x