Sunday, September 14, 2014

Style Icon: Rhoda Morgenstern

 Oh Rhoda, Queen of the Head Scarf.


When I think fabulous '70s fabulousnes, I think Rhoda Morgenstern. Yes, yes I do. 


Doesn't she look great? I love her bohemian vibe. The above look is my favorite ever.


Rhoda and Mary are such cute friends. Mary's a lot more trendy and Rhoda is more... heavily accessorized.


I love that Rhoda went from being the funny best friend to having her own television show. I also love all the bright prints, headscarves and costume jewelry she wore on that television show.


I mean, come on, in this look she's has a polka-dotted headscarf and lots and lots of bangles! She really does scream '70s, but I think you could wear pretty much all the Rhoda-liciousness today. I probably don't have it in me to wear a headscarf and a bright print and a ton of bangles and a giant necklace. But one of those items at a time? For sure! Rhoda, on the other hand, she throws it all together, and that's why she's a style icon.

6 comments:

Emmylou said...

Love love love her style. When I was in high school, I wore a bandanna like that but everyone just called me Aunt Jemima! Rhoda made it look cool:)

Fiona said...

Rhoda was cool. I used to watch her tv show back in the day, loved her and her sister Julie (think that actress now does the voice of one of The Simpsons?)
She gave headscarves hippy chic.

Connie said...

Oh yes! Rhoda was one of the first "real" girls on tv. Love her style still. Come on. You can pull off a head scarf. I just know you can!

Peaches McGinty said...

She is a style icon for sure! fabulous! x x x

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Rhoda is awesome!

Lisa said...

Thank you for reminding me about Rhoda, I loved her!
Lisa x