Monday, August 25, 2014

Abstract polka dots



I obviously had to buy this when I saw it on eBay. Abstract polka-dots? Yes please! It's so cute and fun, and I'm refusing to wear it around my baby because I know he'll spit up on it, precious boy that he is. So this weekend, I changed out of my spit-up-on maternity tank top (those suckers are comfortable) and into this new-to-me shirt and went out shopping for a couple hours.


On this shopping expedition, I came to terms with the fact my feet have gone from a size 9 to a size 10. To help with processing this life change, I bought a pair of size 10 shoes (not pictured here, but I'll probably post them some time). So, yes, I went out for a little adventure and left my boys at home. It's something I'm trying to make a habit of, although I think some people find that fact surprising. (Right now, we're keeping Thomas mostly out of public places because he's so young and not vaccinated yet. When that changes, Thomas and I get to go on adventures together. Very exciting!)


When I was at school last week, I had someone ask me if I was leaving my husband at home alone with our baby. (Yep.) Was it the first time?! (Nope.) A doctor was once shocked that it was Robert who changed Thomas' diaper instead of me during our visit. (Fun fact: Changing diapers is not gender specific. Both men and women can do it!) And Robert told me how he was annoyed when someone recently asked him if he was "babysitting" Thomas. Um, if it's your child, you're not babysitting. Truth.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

It's hard to believe we are living in 2014 when you hear some people's thoughts in childcare!
Great top. Enjoy your me time trips.
Lisa x

Emmylou said...

Hahaha....so true. I find it funny when people say that my hubby is "babysitting" the kids".

Great top, btw.

Becky said...

Oh, we've had the 'it's not babysitting when it's your kid' talk with people. He will get a shit-ton of attention if he's out alone with the baby. Ladies make a HUGE deal out of dads and their kids. It's insane. You, of course, will get absolutely no credit or attention because you are a mom and that shit is expected and unappreciated.

Isabella said...

Props to you for (a) planning to vaccinate your baby and (b) having a healthy, balanced co-parenting relationship! Thomas is in the best hands :)

~Isabella
adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Cute top! It's good to have some me time :)

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

What a fun top! I wasn't even able to change my baby's diaper until almost a week after he was born. I had a c-section and a fibroid removal at the same time so I couldn't get into a good position to do the task, so that was a hubby job!