Sunday, June 8, 2014

Style Icon: Claudia Kishi

Claudia tied with Maryanne for my favorite character in "The Babysitters Club" series. I read all the books pretty obsessively in fifth-grade as they were the best. Maryanne is awesome because she's sweet and bookish, and Claudia is awesome because she's artsy and a total style icon.


Claudia, who was vice president of the Babysitters Club, was an artist who struggled in school, and her outfits were always ridiculously wonderful. The writer of the series, Ann M. Martin, always made a point of describing her look. It was the '80s/early '90s so everything was big and colorful, and I loved the descriptions to bits.


Even without the description, it's clear Claudia is a style icon based on the book covers. Girl always had it going on.


Did you know there was a book out about where the Sweet Valley High characters are now? I would LOVE for Ann M. Martin to write about the Babysitters Club characters as adults. For now, I'll have to settle with this imagining by a creative fan.

3 comments:

Emmylou said...

OMG! Didn't know that about Sweet Valley High. I must hunt this book, coz I used to read that series. I was too old when Babysitter's Club came out:D

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

I was IN the Babysitters Club. I had a membership card, book subscription and everything! Claudia was totally my favorite.

Melancholy and Menace said...

I remember seeing these books quite a lot but have never read any, although I think my daughter may have.