Sunday, February 23, 2014

Style Icon: Janeane Garafolo


What is Janeane Garafolo's style? Bespectacled. Messy. Kind of awkward.


In one of her stand-up routines, she talks about a time when a barista told her she looked like Janeane Garafolo "No Offense."


If I ever got that comment, I would say "No offense taken! She's fab." I would say this based on Janeane Garafolo's fabness.


She looks like who she is -- a smart, funny, cool chick who's not afraid of tattoos or multiple accessories. If I ever told someone they looked like Janeane Garofolo, I would say "You're welcome" afterwards.

6 comments:

sonia said...

I used to be a big fan of hers in the 90s but I'm not sure about now. My friend does her hair and says she's really nice but in her shows she seems very bitter and she sometimes makes generalizations about women I find a bit offensive. I think she means well and is just frustrated regarding our culture which is totally understandable... though sometimes her bitterness seems very toxic. Still, she was terrif in Reality Bites.

Peaches McGinty said...

I loved her in 'The truth about Cats and Dogs' great movie! and I would not be offended if I was compared to her either!! x x x

Melanie said...

She could do garbage work for the rest of her life and I would still love her for her role in High School Reunion when she drooled her drink down her chin mocking someone. Priceless!

Connie said...

I love her, too. She is exactly who she wants to be. I'm sure Hollywood has tried to glam her up and she does her scruffy beauty thing and it is just perfect!

Sonya Mann said...

I have never heard of this lady, but I like the look and I was say, "Thanks, she's fab!"

two birds said...

no offense...wow!! that would suck to hear. except she is amazing, so she wins!