Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Style Icon: Susan, who were are desperately seeking




Madonna has had so many different incarnations, and I have loved so many of them. I've got to admit, I'm a big Madonna fan. I discovered her when I was in elementary school still playing Barbies (and my mother did not approve), and have been a fan ever since. I dig her pop music, but I think I dig her stubborn "I AM RELEVANT!" spirit even more and the way she reinvents herself to stay fabulous and keep boredom at bay.


Anyway, she is so great in Desperately Seeking Susan. She is so grubby and tough and sassy and street


She's all '80s over-accessorizing and Ray Bans and that awesome pyramid jacket. She's very mysterious in the movie, which just adds to the character's cool. 


And, really, while Madonna is playing a character, she's never been an amazing actress. There is a whole lot of Madonna in Susan and that includes the red lips and giant bow in her hair, and I love it.

4 comments:

Peaches McGinty said...

loved that movie soooo much, I did think Madonna played Madonna at the time, or maybe it was wishful thinking as I adored her x x

Andrea said...

I couldn't agree more. I think that was Madonna's greatest look. I wish I had access to that awesome pyramid jacket :(

http://snippitydoodah.blogspot.com

Helga said...

She IS awesome! I've loved her since I saw the Burning Up video at a club in the 80's. That movie is one of my favourites! XXX

Becky said...

<3 Madonna