Saturday, August 24, 2013

B&W

Black and white because this is a serious post about my serious feelings. 


I love these glasses so so much, but they were lopsided when I first got them, and then when the lopsided-ness was more or less (a little on the less side there) fixed, they hurt my left ear, and I am living a life that just can not handle left-ear pain right now, especially when that pain is pricey.

So what can I do? Return them? Pray they can fix them? Try to develop a left-ear callus so I can wear these suckers on the regular? I am filled with ennui like Henri, le chat noir. Black and white ennui. Filled with it. 

9 comments:

Emmylou said...

A very serious post indeed...I say, just try to wait until the callus appears....:D

Witchcrafted Life said...

Hello lovely lady, I speak from firsthand experience when I say that any good optimistic's office should be able to gentle realign the frames for you. I've had it done with plastic spectacles and sunglasses alike, no problem. Many will even do it for you free of charge (at least here in my small town).

♥ Jessica

Optimistic Existentialist said...

All my glasses are lopsided but it's because one of my ears is higher than the other LOL.

Josie said...

Oh no, how annoying! They should fix them for you, my opticians fixed mine free of charge xxx

Peaches McGinty said...

such pretty glasses, with a thorn, attached - I have no advice sadly, other than ask the optician for an alternative - ear pain is no good even though they are lovely glasses x

Loulou said...

I suggest bringing them back to the shop and having them fitted for you. They'll bend them until they're just right. If mine get bent out of shape from time to time from normal wear, I pop in and they fix them in a jiffy. And if they break while being bent (which mine never have, but they could) they would take responsibility and probably replace them.

They are too pretty to be uncomfortable.

allmylivesnow said...

Awwww...too bad. The glasses look lovely on you.

Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

The Grande Dame said...

I hope you can get them straightened so they sit properly on your face... it might take a few tries but the shop should be able to set them in place to suit your face. A sore ear is no joke!

Jane said...

i remember getting a pair of glasses and they were horribly fit. return them or ask them to fix them! but you had me laughing at developing a left-ear callus! :)