Sunday, July 14, 2013

Style Icon: Miss Bianca


When I was a kid, I was absolutely enchanted with Miss Bianca from "The Rescuers." And who wouldn't be? I mean, Bernard (seen below in his lovely rain slicker) certainly was bewitched.


If you haven't seen the movie or its sequel, the basic gist is that there is a mouse UN, and this mouse UN helps save little kids. Miss Bianca and Bernard work together to save a little girl in the first movie and a little boy in the second. She is brave and positive and supremely stylish. He is totally smitten with her, which makes him act bravely despite being very scared.


Who wouldn't be smitten? She's all eyelashes and European accent. She is always wearing a fabulous hat.


Plus she's smart and noble -- an excellent politician of sorts who wears excellent accessories.


And she enjoys a glass of bubbly here and there. Look at her hat! Look at her pearls! She is so classic. Oh Bianca, never change.

10 comments:

The Dragonfruit said...

Omgsh, you're right, she's a total fashion icon! I love the glam vibe this cartoon gives :)

Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
The Dragonfruit Diaries

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love Miss Bianca! I used to watch these movies all the time :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha YES! I love Miss Bianca!! Oh Disney <3
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Melancholy and Menace said...

Such a sweet post, she is indeed a classy lady : )

livlovelaugh said...

haha she does have an awesome fashion~

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

When we were younger my sister was obsessed with Bianca. She even named all her dolls Bianca! The Rescuers is on Netflix so I think I'll tune in. I've got the fever now.

Unknown said...

I never thought of it before but she is a fashion icon

Delightful Ideas
Sandal Giveaway

Vix said...

I've never really liked cartoons but I do member her, she was cute! x

robyn said...

I was obsessed with Miss Bianca when I was little! Her accent and her fluffy purple outfit oh my goddd!

Lauren @ Style of Ones Own said...

Okay, I love this! The Rescuers is one of my favorite Disney movies. Thanks for the memories! I agree Bianca is quite the fashionista. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Lauren
Style of One's Own