Sunday, July 21, 2013

Style Icon: Megan Draper

I don't have much to say about Megan Draper because Tom and Lorenzo have said it all.

Okay, that's a lie. I have a lot to say about Megan Draper, but I'm not going to say it as well as Tom and Lorenzo say it. Seriously, those boys can analyze style. I am absolutely addicted to their Mad Men recaps. And here's the shameful thing: I did not actually watch the current season because I don't have cable. I have seen all the other seasons via Netflix, but this current season I learned about only through blogs/Internet recaps. I cannot help it! I must know what happens!


So the last season I really watched was Season 6, and Megan was the best in that. She was all short skirted and singing and refusing to eat her sherbet, and I love Megan.

I especially love her style. She's so bohemian and hip. I absolutely love what she does with scarves. I myself have picked up some scarves due to her inspiring me. Thanks, fictional character Megan Draper, you are opening up my world through head accessories.


She was very smartly dressed when she worked for Don, but I like her much more as the fabulous actress.


Don really is such an old man compared to her. She's full of life next to him. Life and crazy prints and wacky sunglasses and floppy hats. And let me reiterate: Tom and Lorenzo are filled with brilliant insights on all things Mad Men. I think I like reading their posts almost as much as I like watching the show. 

5 comments:

Emmylou said...

I am probably the only person on Earth who has never seen this show:(
I do love the show's styling, from the commercials I've seen:D

Shybiker said...

I'm a huge fan of the show and the tremendous fashion on display is no small reason for that. This character exists to provide contrast to Don's aging character and she does that with sparkle. Her outfits are so enticing. Sadly, given Don's inner demons and the incongruity between these two, I doubt their marriage will last.

Lily Fang said...

Ahh, you're right. She is super chic and I love her energy!

rooth said...

Oh dear, I haven't seen this show either but have heard so much about it. I'm much too stuck on American Horror Story right now - eeps!

LyddieGal said...

Got to love love fashion, but I can't say I care for the show.
Chic on the Cheap