Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Loving lately

Lately I've been loving...


1. Taking pictures of tiny children. Look at that cutie! (Mary's baby. Or toddler. When do you make the shift from toddler to baby? He's not yet walking on his own, but he might be toddling on his own...)

2. "House of Cards" -- engaging television programming, but it also makes me feel a little depressed (but that doesn't stop me from watching it).

3. "A Discovery of Witches" and its sequel "Shadow of Night." "Shadow of Night" is set in Elizabethan England, which makes it all the more delightful.

4. Reuniting with my dog after a trip away. She is my Sunshine!

5. Sea salt caramel gelato is soooo amazing. Freakishly, deliciously good. We bought it in a Publix in Florida, and I took a picture in hopes I could find it in NC.



6. Flip flops

7. Being told by my friends that I remind them of Georgia and Alie and then looking up Georgia and Alie (Classy Ladies!) and feeling flattered instead of offended. These are two cool girls! I love that I remind people of them! (Most of the time people say I look like (aka remind them of) Tina Fey or Sarah Palin and, come on, I am more than just a chick with brown hair and glasses!)



8. And a few links for your reading pleasure:
          --- Kate Middleton showed her "mummy tummy," and it's kind of a big deal.
          --- Zero to well-read in 100 books.
          --- This article about sexism at Comic-Con.
          --- Revisiting Murder She Wrote.



4 comments:

Vision By Mila said...

Uuu, I'd be willing to try that icecream, so far I've only tried salted chocolate and cream-coffee with sea salt on top.. they're weird, but good at the same time!

Emmylou said...

I've read Discovery of Witches but the not the sequels...good to know it's good:)

Sissy said...

Oh dear, sea salt caramel gelato is thee best, something about the sweet & salty, mmm.

Jessica said...

I think I might start watching "House Of Cards" this weekend. I think I have seen that gelato at Kroger here in Kentucky if you have Kroger grocery stores there it might be a good place to check.

Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com