Sunday, July 7, 2013

I put many, many birds on it


That's right -- I put many, many birds on it. The necklace is one of my eBay finds, but this is the first time I've worn it. It won't be the last!


So many pretty, pretty jangly birds. It was the star of my outfit's show.

Other accessories include a really beautiful thrifted scarf for my hair (all scarves, all the time is my motto for the summer), and a cute bag I got on Etsy (Etsy is almost as dangerous as eBay). 


I so love my giant, long black skirt. I think it's going to be worn on the regular this summer. It's just so versatile and comfortable. I love maxi skirts/dresses, and flip flops are kind of the shoe equivalent in easy comfort. These flip flops were absolutely necessary for me because my poor right foot is covered in ant bites. Covered in them -- like between the toes and everything! Did you know that the ants get on you and then send out signals to each other so they can all bite at the exact same time? Terrible buggers! I love, love, love the summer, but I tell you what, I could do without the ant bites! (Birds, on the other hand, bring them on!)

4 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Gosh your necklace is so beautiful! I'll bet you had admirers stopping for a peek at it all day long. Damn those ants, we get them here during our Brisbane summers and they are ferocious!! xo

Shybiker said...

That dress looks so comfy.

Connie said...

Fabulous necklace! This is the perfect summer look!

Melanie said...

Ah yes, one can never have too many birds - but I did witness a seagull attack, kill, and devour a pigeon a week ago. Gaaa.
No wonder that skirt will be your best summertime friend. I love it.