Saturday, July 27, 2013

Curve Appeal

I've added a new blog to my daily reading, and I love it so much, I thought I'd share it with you: Curve Appeal.



Why do I like it so much? Because I'm not skinny, and I'm surrounded by media images that tell me skinny is the way to go. And so: I have to fight to feel fabulous, and I don't think I'm alone.

It is not wrong to be skinny. It can also fabulous to be skinny! But there are many different ways to be fabulous, and I love seeing images of "curvy" women on the regular. These women are stunning! Their bodies are varied! Often, the women posting share that they're recovering from eating disorders or working to accept their bodies, and there's just a general "You go, girl!" vibe to the site. That's one of my favorite kind of vibes, and so I'm a big fan.

5 comments:

Ofelia said...

I have natural skinny friends that have some of the same body issues as some of my curvy friends. I remember when I was 4 sizes less than now and I was told (by a close family member) that I was fat!
I told her; if she would like me to began to vomit my food on her face so I become the size that she wanted me to be.
She never address the issue again.

Shybiker said...

We need to accept -- and embrace -- the wide range of shapes women have. All are beautiful. I'm a stick (40/40/40) so I certainly don't fall in anyone's idea of attractive, but I love myself.

OrigamiGirl said...

I found that site aaages ago and then forgot all about it again. Thank you for reminding me about it. I agree, it has a very positive feel. And sometimes I really need that.

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

This is awesome! Love it! I have to learn to embrace my body more!
~Sara

Gwen said...

Just had a look, and this blog is too awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)