Monday, August 13, 2012

Vest


My time with contacts was short. Somehow, one broke in two while still in my eye. Then I couldn't find it. (Then I did.) True story. Truly unacceptable. I just had the two contacts so I'm back to glasses at least temporarily. (My eyes will be coming in contact with new contacts soon-ish.)

In other news, I wore a vest. Wanna see?


Vest!


$4. Thrifted. Classes up my jean shorts and my husband's undershirt fo sho.


The flowers also class things up. Crape Myrtle. I love them so much I daydreamed about having a daughter and naming her Myrtle. Oh imaginary Myrtle, all your schoolmates will tease you mercilessly for your old-lady name, but Mama loves you (and Crape Myrtles)!

(Disclaimer: I am not pregnant. There is no actual threat of me naming an innocent child Myrtle.)


See? Pretty. Blue sky. White clouds. Crape Myrtle.



P.S. I thought you spelled Crape Myrtle "Crepe Myrtle." Like a delicious dish of a tree. I was sadly wrong.

10 comments:

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Contacts are the worst/best invention! They're so convenient, but it's awful when they tear right in your eye and scratch it all up, and you can't do anything about it because your glasses are at home! Also, cute vest! I love it!

-Katie

Thrifted Shift said...

CrApe myrtle definitely classes things up!

Eleni said...

I love it! I wish I had a magic waiscoat to snazz up my casual outfits. And I wish I had some pink flowers. Or even a crepe. A crepe would be great right now.

Melanie said...

What pretty flowers!

Connie said...

I tried contacts once. The whole experiment lasted about 2 weeks. Now I'm a bona fide glasses girl. I love the name Mrytle. LOVE IT! I have a daughter named Phoebe. I had always loved that name. I named a lot of things Phoebe before she was born..including the fetal pig in biology class!
Connie*

Karolina B-H said...

what a incredible tree with pink flowers!! beautiful!!
xxo

Curtise said...

Good grief, HOW did that happen? I have been wearing contact lenses for years, and though they have swum around in my eyes, or fallen out, or got stuck occasionally, one has never broken in my eye!
Better luck when you try again!
Nice waistcoat, and gorgeous Crepe Myrtle (I like your spelling better!) xx

Natalie said...

vest can add so much pazzaz to an outfit!!


www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Trashsparkle said...

Names are everything (and nothing, too, I suppose..) like how we brits have waistcoat, you have vest.... that confused me til I analysed your layering and realised what was what. So why the hell did we get the word waistcoat... a coat for the waist? Its all bonkers! Love the simplicity of some blue sky and some gorgeous myrtle... yes, bookmark that fabulous name for your future daughter. I have sons so no such names here, though I call one of my tattoos muriel. Just because I can...;) And ouch about the lenses... its been a long time since I wore them xx

Melanie said...

I agree that the vest adds panache to your husband's undershirt! I would like to order a crepe myrtle, please, with honey.