Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset


These are by Karen Banker, the artist (and friend!) who married Robert and I. She was really our only choice for an officiant (or minister as it said on our marriage certificate). These are our first pieces of hers, and they are just so lovely.


Karen is an amazing artist. I was a fan before I was a friend. For years, I wanted to have a Karen Banker original. Now, I have two (rather petite) pieces to call my very own! (Our very own. Because I'm married. So we share them. It's all about love. And sharing. And abstract expressionism.)

For our first anniversary, Karen sent us a belated present. It was the sweetest! Three cards representing the past, present and future and a book on the history of smooching. Good stuff!


In case you're in the market for fab art, this is her website: http://karenbanker.com/home.html.

4 comments:

Ms. Falcon said...

lovely pictures...

Karola said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing!
Re: previous post - I love Stevie and FM!!!

Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog! Hope you stop by sometime soon!

xoxo
Karola
www.karolasway.blogspot.com

Claire said...

what a sweet gift! i love that there were three cards. brilliant idea! and such gorgeous paintings!!!

http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

I like your friend's artwork! Your pieces are grand - I especially like the one in the first photo.